Come with us to explore How to Install Android Oreo on the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ (Exynos)
After a long wait and many beta releases, Samsung has finally released its official Android Oreo update for the Exynos Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+. This is the first stable release of Android 8.0 for any Samsung devices, and it brings a plethora of new features and improvements. On top of all the new features that come with Android Oreo such as picture-in-picture mode, notification channels, background app optimizations, notification snoozing, and more, there are also plenty of Samsung-specific changes with Samsung Experience 9.0.
For instance, there is the new keyboard with stickers and GIFs built in, the App Pair feature from the Samsung Galaxy Note8 (which has yet to receive its own official Oreo release), and many more. The build comes with the latest February security patches so you can be rest assured that your phone is patched against all of the known major security vulnerabilities including BlueBorne, KRACK, and Spectre/Meltdown. Finally, for members of our forums, you should also know that the update includes native support for OMS, the theme engine behind Substratum. Previously, you would have to use the Sungstratum plugin to apply beautiful themes, but with OMS theme support should be much more stable than before.
All of that sound good? Want to install the update on your Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ Exynos models right now? If so, then you’re in luck. Some members in our forums were able to pull the update which allows you to install it via the stock recovery. Below are instructions and links on how to install the official Android Oreo update for your Exynos Galaxy S8/S8+! If you are worried about security and if this build is legitimate, then don’t worry, because the stock recovery is not able to install unofficial OTA updates so that guarantees these builds are the real thing!
This update is probably going to roll out within the next couple of days or even weeks, so following this tutorial will ensure that you can upgrade your device to the latest Android 8.0 Oreo build right now. This tutorial will work on almost all Exynos Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ devices except for Korean and Duos Exynos users.
How to update with Odin:
1. Check your phone’s model number to see if its G950F (Galaxy S8 Exynos) or G955F (Galaxy S8+ Exynos). These models are the only ones which can flash the Oreo builds that are available now. If you do not have either of these models, do not proceed.
2. If you have a G950F then download this file: CRB7 Odin . If you have a G955F model then download these files: CRB7 Odin.
3. Extract the Odin firmware linked earlier. It will be in a zip format.
4. Reboot your device into download mode by powering off your device then holding the Bixby button + Volume down + power.
5. Download the Odin tool and plug in your phone to your computer. Odin is an official tool from Samsung that can flash official Samsung firmware onto Samsung Galaxy devices. In Odin on the right side, you will see 5 sections, but only 4 of those will be used.
6. Click the BL button and navigate to your Odin firmware folder where you extracted your files, and then click the file starting with BL. Do the same for AP, CP, and HOME_CSC (Do not use CSC_XXX It will erase your data)
7. Click start at the bottom of Odin.
8. Enjoy Android Oreo!
And that’s it! Now your Exynos Galaxy S8/S8+ models should be running the official release of Android Oreo! You didn’t even have to wait! Your device will be able to accept official OTA updates in the future, and KNOX will be intact too. Enjoy!
Source : How to Install Android Oreo on the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ (Exynos)
Key : How to Install Android Oreo on the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ (Exynos), How to Install Android Oreo on the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ (Exynos), How to Install Android Oreo on the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ (Exynos)