Come with us to explore MIUI 12 stable update begins rolling out to Xiaomi Mi 9, Mi 9T/Redmi K20 and Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi’s Android ecosystem is designed in such a way that the version of their custom Android skin, aka MIUI, gets more importance than the underlying Android version. MIUI 12 is the latest major release for Xiaomi devices, and the first batch of “Closed Betas” has been available for a bunch of smartphones in China since late April. The global version of MIUI 12 appeared almost a month later for a handful of devices in the form of “stable beta”, which is intended for Mi Pilot users only. Now, Xiaomi has finally started pushing out the stable MIUI 12 update across the globe, starting with the Mi 9 and the Mi 9T/Redmi K20 series.
The update for the Mi 9 is rolling out in Europe, while the OTA is hitting the global variant of the Mi 9T Pro in a staged manner. The regular version of the Mi 9/Redmi K20
should get the same treatment soon is also receiving the update, as per the proposed timeline by the company. Unlike the “stable beta” release, existing MIUI 11 users are receiving incremental OTA updates this time. You can either wait for the update to land on the device or directly sideload the appropriate update package onto your phone using the download links provided below.
Download: MIUI 12 for the Mi 9 and the Mi 9T/Redmi K20 series
It is worth mentioning that Xiaomi’s update mechanism is getting more complex day-by-day. Keeping aside the convoluted update naming convention, the company prefers to control the sideloading ability for beta testers through server-side Mi Account whitelisting, which makes manual installation virtually impossible on devices with an unauthorized account and a locked bootloader. The builds linked above should be treated as partial stable release, and they might get opened up as part of the broad-scale stable release in the near future, but we can’t ensure anything concrete at this moment. If you get the error message related to Mi Account authorization while sideloading, you can flash the update through TWRP. Even though these are official update files, it is always a good idea to back up the important data on your phone before flashing.
The full changelog for MIUI 12, when updating from MIUI 11, is as follows:
- System animations
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- System visuals
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- Super wallpapers
- New: Super wallpapers break physical boundaries and keep inspiring you with every touch.
- Fix: Status bar colors weren’t displayed correctly in the Dark mode
- Privacy protection
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- Floating windows
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
- New: You can open an app in a floating window directly from Recents.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
- Control center
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Fix: Brightness adjustment bar couldn’t be used when Control center was opened for the first time
- Fix: Toggle order wasn’t correct on the old toggle panel
- Fix: Switching SIM cards crashed the app in some cases
- Fix: Accessibility features weren’t available in the editing mode
- Dark mode
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
- Always-on display
- Fix: Lock screen items were shown on the Always-on display
- Lock screen
- Fix: Fingerprint unlock didn’t work on Always-on display in some cases
- Removed: Lock screen and Always-on display issues in Second space
- Home screen
- New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
- New: App drawer allows you to keep your Home screen neat and categorizes apps so you can find them faster.
- New: We’ve added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: Gravitational animations make returning to Home screen look seamless and natural.
- New: New Pro mode features and descriptions
- Optimization: Pro mode parameter naming
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: New full screen gestures for switching between apps are available.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
Thanks to XDA Recognized Developer yshalsager for providing the download links!
Source : MIUI 12 stable update begins rolling out to Xiaomi Mi 9, Mi 9T/Redmi K20 and Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro
Key : MIUI 12 stable update begins rolling out to Xiaomi Mi 9, Mi 9T/Redmi K20 and Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro, MIUI 12 stable update begins rolling out to Xiaomi Mi 9, Mi 9T/Redmi K20 and Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro, MIUI 12 stable update begins rolling out to Xiaomi Mi 9, Mi 9T/Redmi K20 and Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro